Description for Tulip Seadov (Red)
The tulip is a perennial, bulbous plant with attractive and showy flowers. The flowers are usually large, showy and brightly colored, generally red, pink, yellow, or white (usually in warm colors). They often have a different colored blotch at the base of the sepals and petals.
Depending on the species, tulip plants can be between 4 inches and 28 inches in height. The large flowers of tulip usually bloom on scapes with leaves in a rosette at ground level and a single flowering stalk arising from amongst the leaves.
Common name(s): Tulips
Flower colours: Red
Bloom time: Spring
Max reacahble height: Up to 2 feet
Difficulty to grow:: Easy to grow
Planting and care
- These bulbs are pre-treated and ready to sow.
- Sowing season of Tulip in the autumn and winter season.
- Dig a hole approx 10 cm deep to sow the bulb.
- Set the bulb in the hole, then covers with soil and press firmly.
- Planting space of bulbs 4 to 6 inches apart. Water thoroughly after planting.
The potting mix suitable for bulb plantation are in the ratio
- Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1).
- Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2).
Sunlight: Full Sunlight
Soil: Soil rich in organic matter
Temperature: 15 to 27 degrees Celsius
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Tulip Seadov
- Plant the bulbs in a place that receives proper sunlight.
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season, flower bud stage.
- After the foliage turns yellow and dies back, you should prune the affected part.
- Do not store bulbs for too many days. Sow the bulbs immediately as they loose their viability.
Typical uses of Tulip Seadov
Special features: Tulip vibrant colors give a classy and a perfect color contrast to any garden.
Ornamental use: Tulips provide a finishing touch that brings the spring garden to life.