Description for Ranunculus (Yellow)
Ranunculus flowers look almost too perfect to be real. Their rose-like blossoms feature layer upon layer of tissue-thin petals. Brilliantly colored flowers of Ranunculus is a great attraction. These gorgeous flowers are beloved for their colored double-ruffled petals, tall stems, and long vase life. They also make long-lasting cut flowers.
Common name(s): Ranunculus or Wedding flowers
Flower colours: Yellow
Bloom time: Spring or Summer
Max reacahble height: Up to 24 inches
Difficulty to grow:: Easy to grow
Planting and care
- Sowing season of Ranunculus bulb in the rainy and early winter season.
- Dig a hole about three times as deep as the height of the bulb.
- Set the bulb in the hole, then covers with soil and press firmly.
- Planting space of bulbs 10-15 cm apart.
- Water thoroughly after planting.
- Use the potting mix for bulb plantation as ;
1. Garden soil + Compost + Perlite + Sand (2:2:1:1)
2. Soil + Cocopeat + vermicompost (2:1:2)
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: Well drained and fertile soil.
Temperature: 20 to 30 degrees C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer during planting of bulb.
Caring for Ranunculus
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- Fertilize the plant during planting and growing season with organic fertilizer.
- Store the bulbs away from sunlight in a cool and dry area and check regularly.
- Do not store bulbs for more time as they can loose their viability.
Typical uses of Ranunculus
Special features: Attractive flowers
Ornamental use: This flowering plant is used as an ornamental purpose.