This Product Contains
||Areca Palm (Small) - Plant
||4 inch (10 cm) Nursery Pot as Inner
About Areca Palm
Areca palm is one of the most widely used indoor gardenings for bright interiors. It features feathery, arching fronds, each with up to 100 leaflets. These big, bold plants command attention.
The areca palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens or Dypsis lutescens), also called the yellow butterfly palm and golden cane palm is one of the easiest palm trees to grow indoors. The foliage is evergreen, of Fine texture and yellow-green in color. Pinnate, 6 to 8 pale green leaves per stem, 80 to 100 leaflets, to 8 feet long (2.4 m). Yellow if grown with enough light, 2 feet long. Yellow male and female flowers on the same inflorescence.
||11 inch (28 cm)
||5 inch (13 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Golden Cane Palm, Areca Palm, Butterfly Palm, Madagascar Palm
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 7 feet
||During late spring or early summer
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect natural light or bright artifical light.
- Protect the plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing areca plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Money plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not place your plant in bright direct sunlight it can burn the leaves of plant.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Areca Palm Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
||Full to partial sunlight
||Nutrient-rich loamy soil
||20 to 35 degree Celsius
||Apply organic fertilizer
Areca Palm Special Feature
Areca palm is air purifier indoor plant.
Areca Palm Uses
- This is one of the most useful Palms for landscape gardening