About Ficus Moclame
Ficus microcarpa is a tropical tree with smooth light-gray bark and entire oblanceolate leaves about 2-2.5 inches (5–6 cm) long. Ficus microcarpa is cultivated as an ornamental tree for planting in gardens, parks, and in containers as an indoor plant and bonsai specimen.
In Southeast Asia, it is cultivated as a shade tree because of its dense foliage. Its ability to produce discards also makes it easy to drive in hedge or bush.
||18 inch (46 cm)
||7 inch (18 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Chinese banyan, Malayan banyan, Indian laurel, curtain fig, or gajumaru
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor with bright light.
- Protect the Ficus from harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Ficus.
Application of Fertilizer
- Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- During summer feed the Ficus with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- Regular pruning is necessary to retain the tree shape. Prune back to 2 leaves after 6-8 leaves have grown. The tree should only be pruned during the periods of active growth.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Ficus Moclame Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
||Full sun to partial shade
||Well drained soil
||16-24 degree C
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Ficus Moclame Special Feature
It can remove airborne toxins from air.
Ficus Moclame Uses
- Excellent plant for making hedge or growing in pot