This Product Contains
||Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis, Boston Fern - Plant
||6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
About Nephrolepis Exaltata Bosteniensis
Nephrolepis exaltata, known as the sword fern or Boston fern, is a species of fern in the family Lomariopsidaceae. The Boston fern is one of the most well-known ferns and admired for its desirable traits as a houseplant.
Boston ferns are typically attractive, with long, graceful fronds bedecked with tiny leaves. It is a relatively tough fern, with a higher tolerance for light than other species, and as far as ferns go, they are more tolerant of dry conditions and easy to propagate.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Sword fern, Boston fern, Boston swordfern, Wild Boston fern, Boston Fern, Boston Blue Bell Fern, Tuber ladder fern, and Fishbone fern
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 90 cm
||Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in Natural indirect bright light/Artificial bright light area.
- Protect the Money plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in oragnic content.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (1 to 2 inch) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
Nephrolepis Exaltata Bosteniensis Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
- Keep the plant in Natural indirect /Artificial bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
||Natural indirect bright light/Artificial bright light area.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in the pot (1 to 2 inch) feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant
||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
||15 - 27 degrees Celsius.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
Nephrolepis Exaltata Bosteniensis Special Feature
The NASA Clean Air Study determined that this plant was effective at removing common household air toxins formaldehyde and xylene.
Nephrolepis Exaltata Bosteniensis Uses
- Can be grown indoor and outdoor as pot plant or on garden
- It can also be grown on hanging basket