This Product Contains
||Fish Tail Fern - Plant
||5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
About Fish Tail Fern
Fishtail palm is a fast-growing feather palm that makes a beautiful addition to the landscape. It has a gray trunk (grows to about 30 ) that is covered by regularly spaced leaf scar rings.
This large fern variety has fronds up to 3 feet long that are less petulant and lighter green color than the parent species. Its pinnae (leaflets) tips are once or twice forked like a fish’s tail giving an unusual appearance.
||12 inch (30 cm)
||6 inch (15 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Fishtail Palm, Jaggery Palm, Toddy Palm, Wine Palm
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 3 feet
||Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in indirect bright sunlight or partial sunlight area.
- The fish tail fern survives in the outer as well as in the indoor condition, just protect from the harsh sunlight.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Fish Tail Fern Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
- Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it.
- Do not overwater them suddenly.
- Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
||Indirect bright light or Morning sunlight atleast 3 to 4 hours
||25 to 40 degrees Celsius
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Fish Tail Fern Special Feature
This plant has a leaf shape that resembles the lower fin of a fish.
Fish Tail Fern Uses
- It makes an excellent hanging as well as a pot plant