About Madhumalti Dwarf
Rangoon Creepers belong to the Combretaceae family. Rangoon Creepers are woody vines and fast-growing plants. Rangoon Creepers is a vine with red flower clusters and native to tropical Asia.
It can get at least four hours of sun every day and can take the support of something to grow and spread. The plant does not require heavy fertilizer. Rangoon Creepers are a special kind of flowering vines that change in color with age. In a mature creeper, the stem becomes woody and thorns appear. Once established, it hardly dies. It is very useful in covering fences, supports, and walls.
||7 inch (18 cm)
||5 inch (13 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Rangoon Creeper, Burma Creeper, Chinese honeysuckle, Combretum Indicum
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Upto 8 meters.
||Clusters of fragrant white pendulous trumpets open white then change to pink, red and finally a deep maroon.
||Summer and late Rainy season.
||Easy to grow.
Planting And Care
- At least four to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering.
- Keep the plant outdoor with bright direct natural light.
- The soil should be well drained and rich in organic content for growing plant.
- Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (Summer and late Rainy season.) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a year.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Madhumalti Dwarf Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
||Direct bright light.
||Nutrient-rich, Well-drained soil.
||Use any organic fertilizer.
Madhumalti Dwarf Uses
- They are perfect to cover rooftops, balconies, fences, gateposts, pergolas, compound wall, pillar, or make virtual partition