This Product Contains
||Haworthia attenuata - Succulent Plant
||3 inch (8 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
About Haworthia Attenuata
The largest member of the genus Haworthia, Haworthia Margaritifera looks like an aloe due to its relatively large rosettes of spotted, pointed leaves. It grows from a fleshy, fibrous root system and slowly creates a cluster of plants in a pointy, mounded clump.
The plump, long, pointed leaves that emerge from the centre of the rosette are rigid and succulent. Each leaf is bright to olive-green, while on the outer side of the leaves, hundreds of greenish-white bumps (tubercles) decorate the surface, making them look ornately spotted.
||6 inch (15 cm)
||3 inch (8 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Pearl plant, Haworthia minor
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 20 cm
||Greenish to brownish-white
||Late winter to summer
||Easy to grow
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in a place that receives bright indirect sunlight.
- Protect the Haworthia plant from harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Haworthia plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Do not pour water on the leaves of plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Haworthia plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Haworthia Attenuata Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
||Bright indirect light.
||Low for the rainy season, Moderate for winter, More than moderate for a summer
||Well drained soil
||Ideal: 22 to 35 degrees Celsius.
||Apply organic fertilizer
Haworthia Attenuata Special Feature
Survivals and growers of the summer.
Haworthia Attenuata Uses
- Best for small pots and for rock gardens